Friday, May 11, 2018

Building A Nest

I'm busily stitching building a nest for a Robin and so are many of the backyard birds.

The Violet-green Swallows have chosen their houses.

They are now perched nearby...

...or inside the house.

I was pleased to watch a coupe of birds gathering nesting materials.

The Violet-green Swallows nests are made of feathers and dried grasses. 

How's it going?

I am pleased that my pair of Tree Swallows is hanging tough and not allowing the Violet-green Swallows to drive them off.  This is the male.

And here's the female.

I think they are going to take possession of this house.

I've seen the male outside and inside the house.

Now sir, will you tell the Barn Swallows that I have a platform just for them?

I see the Barn Swallows swooping across the backyard, but I don't think they've found the nesting platform yet.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your Robin stitch is looking great, Beth. Have you seen the new 'calendar' bird from The Little Stitcher yet? Your swallow pictures are lovely; such great coloring.

Vickie said...

I love the way the Robin is coming along. And I love this post! :D

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I enjoy seeing the birds gathering nesting materials and your selection of bird photos today is particularly nice Beth.