Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Wednesday's Walk

I haven't had much get-up in my get-along lately, so once again we'll take a gentle stroll around the house to see what is in bloom.

We now have several varieties of daffodils in full bloom.

And my first Lamb's Tongue (erythronium) has popped up.  This is a hybrid, we also have lots of native erythronium oregonums on the property.

The hellebores are putting on a show.  Their blooms last and last and last.

My mom planted these tulips last fall - we should have a show in a few weeks.

A frilly hellebore.

More daffs...

The daphne is close to exploding.

Current buds soon to blossom.

A native huckleberry in the forefront. It has the tiniest of pink blossoms and my Anna's Hummingbirds go wild for it.

This primrose looks healthy - should delight us in April and May.

I need to move these pots to the front porch so that I can enjoy them when they bloom - and so that the deer don't eat them first!

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Wow, spring is arriving in your area. I have seen some daffodils alongside the ride as we go to and from town.

Vickie said...

What a pretty post. Makes me miss my garden.

Barb said...

Everything looks wonderful,a bit ahead of us. Let's hope the snow is over for this year( except in the mountains)!

LaNelle said...

Beautiful post Beth...what lovely flowers and even more appreciated when looking at a yard full of snow won’t see flowers like that till end of May😄 here in MN....

deb said...

Oh my goodness, it's springtime at your house! And I just looked out my window and it's snowing like crazy.

Wanda said...

Beth, this post was just perfect to make me believe spring will come soon! Your walks are always great but I do love seeing all the buds. Hope you are feeling well. Happy stitching.

RJ said...

Gorgeous simply gorgeous!!! RJ