Thursday, January 4, 2018

Iceberg Santa

Design - "Wee Santa 2017"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 30 count WDW Aztec Red
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 5 December 2017
Completed - 30 December 2017

He's done - finished!  He looks rather tired to me - post-holiday let-down perhaps? 

Our days are mild - and often foggy.

It does not make for the best bird photography.

A blue-sky day is much better - even the Cooper's Hawk agrees.

Even then, the photographer has to get the camera to focus on the correct object - the Yellow-rumped Warbler in the center of the photo is a blur while the more distant pine trees are clear.  Anyway the YWR came back on Tuesday so I was excited.

I have 4-6 Fox Sparrows most days.

I think they are rather handsome winter birds.

And Juncos - boy do I ever have Juncos - as many as 15.

Here's a California Quail couple...

...and a young gal who is still trying to make up her mind!

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

The Fox Sparrows look grumpy and the Cooper's Hawk looks very regal. Congratulations on the Santa finish!

Karyn said...

I love the Santa finish, he does look tired, as does mine...perhaps it is post holiday let-down, or just living in an Iceberg your whole existence is exhausting? Either way he is a cutie, especially his rosy little cheeks...great finish.
The pics are gorgeous! The Coopers Hawk is stunning, and the warblers are so sweet, but the Fox Sparrows look rather grumpy, I gotta say LOL.
Look at those quail, come all the way from my neck of the woods...typical sassy California girl can't make up her mind which fellow to choose.
I have never heard of a Junco. I am learning so much from your blog and pic walks, thank you for such beauty, Beth.
Have a great day
Hugs

Carol said...

What a great finish on that Aztec red fabric, Beth--he really shows up so well. I've never stitched on red in my whole life--guess I should give it a try :) Those plump quail sure look like they've enjoyed more than their share of Christmas dinner!!

deb said...

Your Santa came out great!

The hawk is beautiful and the quail made me laugh all puffed up - like they're balloons. :)

Barb said...

That Santa is so cute!! We are having a very difficult time with the squirrels. Any ideas?

Anna van Schurman said...

I love that Santa. I am wondering though if I love the Santa best because it is stitched on that Aztec red. I bought all the Hands On Designs for the 12 Days of Christmas that are stitched on that color too.