Thursday, January 11, 2018

Feeding Birds


Design - "Wee One Santa 2016"
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 28 count Summer Khaki linen
Fibers - GAST & WDW & Classic Colorworks - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 31 December 2017
Completed - 6 January 2018

As you can see, even Santa Claus feeds birds! I thought I'd share with you some of my backyard birds that have taken to eating a Wild Birds Unlimited product - Bark Butter.  For a full list of the birds observed eating bark butter, click here


I don't know why I was surprised to have a Hairy Woodpecker stop by!

He's come by several times.

The Steller's Jays will eat about anything - so no surprise there. 

Towhee.

Oregon Junco.

And the bird I was trying to 'trap' with the bark butter - the Yellow-rumped Warbler.  As of Wednesday, he has been by every day since the first of the year. Will it 'trap' a Townsend's Warbler?  Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Bark butter! Who knew? Fascinating!

Vickie said...

This Wee One Santa is darling. :D

Mary said...

The Santa is adorable. I hope the Townsends Warbler makes an appearance soon. Bark butter is added to my next WBU shopping list.

Justine said...

I love your yellow warbler! Such a pretty bird. Your Santa looks great.

Barb said...

That bark butter is really attracting the birds!!

RJ said...

What a cute Santa!!! Love the yellow warbler too. RJ