Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Still Thankful

Design - "Thankful" (zipper)
Designer - Bent Creek
Fabric - 32 count raw Belfast linen
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 24 November 2017
Completed - 28November 2017

I changed DMC color from 975, a brick orange, to 975, a more 'pumpkiny' orange. I like the change.

Some usual for the season birds flew in last week.    

I saw three Turkey Vultures on Wednesday.

I think the bi-colored wings mean that this is a young bird.

The Vulture was in the Raven's tree.  The raven flew in and though smaller, it was aggressive and off flew the Turkey Vulture.

A win for the Raven! 
The two Ravens loved the sunny, blue sky weather on Wednesday.  I watched them as they flew about talking and playing; and I swear that they rotated their bodies 360 degrees while flying.  First the lead Raven did it, then the second Raven mimic the aerial acrobatics!

4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your Give Thanks finish! I also switched out the color of the pumpkin to something more 'pumpkiny'. With it being hunting season, we have seen more turkey vultures around.

RJ said...

Beth this is one of my favorite stitches of thanks. I love it. I switch out pumpkin colors all the time too. Great photos. RJ

Margaret said...

Nice finish! My son and I saw a vulture -- I would guess a turkey vulture? -- on the day of the solar eclipse. He was big! And not happy with us being somewhat close by. lol!

Barb said...

Isn't it fun to watch the goings on of the birds. We once saw humming birds doing that dive thing. We just sat and watched for quite awhile. That's a very pretty little stitched piece. I do like the orange you chose.