Friday, September 8, 2017

Tree Swallow Finish

Design - "Tree Swallow"
Chart - "The Bird Collection - Part 4"
Designer - Heartstring Samplery
Fabric - 32 count Picture This Plus Wren Belfast linen
Fibers - GAST & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 24 August 2017
Completed - 2 September 2017

This is a lovely design and very representative of the Tree Swallow.

Don't you think?

I certainly do.


The past several days have continued to be good birding days.
Even days with heavy smoky when the air quality has been hazardous, the birds still come in the morning.

As I've said before every bird year is different.
This year I have a semi-regular Hermit Thrush a heretofore rarely seen bird.

Wilson's Warbler

Orange-crowned Warbler 

The sunflowers are becoming bird magnets for Orange-crowned Warblers and Goldfinches and Chickadees. 

Orange-crowned Warbler 

Orange-crowned Warbler 

Two Orange-crowned Warblers!

Orange-crowned Warblers 

I think this may be the prettiest bird photo I've ever taken.
Love the purple bean blossoms.

A New-To-Me Yard Bird!
Only got one partial photo of a male Common Yellowthroat.
Hoping against hope that this bird will return.

I think this is a Hutton's Vireo. I saw it again on Monday.

Love the Black-throated Gray Warbler

Distinctive markings include the yellow in front of the eyes.

I haven't seen a Willow Flycatcher for 3 or 4 days, but this Olive-sided Flycatcher came by...

...and posed nicely.

I will miss my many summer visitors.

Yes, you are included.

"Quick-three beers!"

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Beth, I love this finish!!

Barb said...

You have so many beautiful birds including the one you stitched!!

Margaret said...

Just amazing bird photos! And I love your finish too! Yes, it's very representative of those pretty birds.

Mary said...

I love the tree swallow stitch and the assortment of birds that visit you never ceases to amaze me.

Maggee said...

The Tree Swallow piece certainly looks very realistic! And yay--you still have the great birds, PLUS some new ones!! We went out to find warblers, but not much luck... It's early, tho with this storm down south... what will it do to the migration pattern?? Hmmmm...

deb said...

Lovely stitching! Enjoyed your pictures of the warblers - such a variety of looks!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I agree Beth, it's a very pretty photo - I love seeing all the birds.