Thursday, May 4, 2017

A New Yard Bird!

Design - "Ribbony Rabbit"
Chart - "Letters Part 3"
Designer - The Cricket Collection
Fabric - 28 count R & R Old Mill Java
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 8 May 2014
Completed -  10 May 2014

The Pacific NW does not have nearly the number of different warblers that can be seen in the Midwest or the East. So we tend to get excited when we see a warbler or two.  My photos are blurry - my excitement was razor sharp! 

Orange-crowned Warbler

Orange-crowned Warbler
This is a new Yard Bird for me - so it's a big deal! 

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler in flight


Now that you've suffered through that, here are some 'in focus' photos.

Black-capped Chickadee

A pair comes to the woodpile most mornings.

Chestnut-backed Chicakdee

Again...

White-crowned Sparrow

White-throated Sparrow.
He sings to me each morning, "Oh sweet Canada, Canada, Canada!"

3 comments:

judyblount said...

I love your bird photos! Here in North Carolina the yellow-rumped warblers are common in the summer months at my suet feeders. I wish I had the variety of hummingbirds that you get.

cucki said...

Wow so beautiful x

Robin in Virginia said...

What a sweet Rabbit stitch you shared! And your birds photos are wonderful.