Friday, April 14, 2017

Little Birds

Design - "Tiny Chick"
Chart - "Soft Boiled"
Design - The Cricket Collection
Fibers - DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Fabric - Bright yellow linen scrap
Started - 24 March 2013
Completed - 26 March 2013

Here's an Easterish stitch of a little bird - a yellow baby chick.

And here's my littlest bird, a male Rufous Hummingbird refusing to cede ground to the Song Sparrow. 

On Wednesday I saw a couple of Chestnut-backed Chickadees, but no photos.
I did get photos of my Black-capped Chickadees.  I'm hopeful that they will use one or two of my birdhouses to nest this year.  

Up high.

In flight.

I continue to put out "bark butter" as my small flock of Bushtits show up most days and they like it... 

...and suet.
Dark eye = male

Light eye = female.

Look at how little the Bushtits are in comparison to another small bird, a Dark-eyed Junco.

The Lesser Goldfinches are small birds too.
Smaller and slighter than American Goldfinches.

I did have a single male American Goldfinch come by for a couple of days. 

I had hope that he was the 'scout' for a larger group of birds to follow.

But now I've not seen any for several days.

6 comments:

cucki said...

sweet.
happy easter x

Robin in Virginia said...

Fabulous bird pictures you have been sharing, Beth! Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

LaNelle said...

Lovely photos...have a fabulous Easter...many blessings Beth!

Barb said...

That little chick stitch is so cute!! I hope you and your family have a very Happy Easter!

RJ said...

Oh the tiny chick is so adorable!!! And your collection of bird photos is wonderful. Have a happy Easter. RJ

Sandi Jo said...

I adore your pictures of the birds and flowers. We moved into our own home last year and although we are in suburbia we adore our small back yard and sunroom. We have lots of feeders in the back yard and we spend most of our days out in the sunroom. You mentioned "bark butter" and I was wondering what that is and if you could share the recipe. I could not find it among your tags. Sandi Jo