Monday, April 10, 2017

An Easterish Egg and April Birds


Design - "Spring Two"
Designer -Ewe & Eye & Friends
Fabric - 32 count Yellow linen
Fiber - Anchor floss
Started - 15 March 2008
Completed - 19 March 2008

Bringing back an older finish that embodies both spring and Easter.  

The birds are celebrating spring too.

Look at this White-crowned Sparrow singing his heart out.

The three white stripes on the head help to ID the bird. 

Blurry photo of a Bushtit.  
A small flock of 2-5 birds continues to come by. 

A New of the Year Bird!
Terrible photo, but the only one I've managed thus far of an Evening Grosbeak. First sighting was April 6th.

The same day I had my first glimpse this year of an American Goldfinch. 

So far, just one lonely male.

My surprise April visitor was this Brown-headed Cowbird.

They generally are not feeder birds.

They are rather handsome.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Been enjoying reading through your blog on catch up mode. Nice pics! And that juvenile bald eagle in the other post. Pretty cool!

Vickie said...

I absolutely love that first photograph!

wranglerkate said...

Hi! I so enjoy reading your blog every day. We're up in Battle Ground, WA so we see many of the same birds you do. But on Saturday, I saw something different and I wondered if you might help identify it. At first I thought it was one of our barn swallows (they've just starting arriving) - sort of navy blue and light taupey colored. But this bird was somewhat bigger, sitting on a fence post a field away, so I looked through our glasses and realized it was some sort of bird of prey. And it had striped feathers on its lower back (the way that flickers do). So I was wondering if you had ever seen such a thing or might know what this is. Thanks for all that you share! Kate.

wranglerkate said...

Back again - I think it might have been a kestrel. Do you see any where you're living? Kate.

cucki said...

Aww sweet stitches and lovely photos xx

MaryO said...

Such lovely pics! The singing bird made my day! Thanks so much for maintaining this blog. I really look forward to it!

MaryO1230
San Pedro, CA

Pam in IL said...

Such a cute stitched egg. I love that the Goldfinches are showing their vibrant yellow again and I have lots of them. We also have lots of Brown-Headed Cowbirds. They are quite the noisy bunch and they clean out my feeders and suet. I must say that I don't approve of their parenting -- or should I say, lack of parenting, lol.

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet stitch, the fabric is perfect for spring.
LOVE the singing sparrow!