Monday, March 6, 2017

Second March Stitch Finish

 Design - "St. Patrick's Flip it"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count Summer Khaki Belfast linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 2 March 2017
Completed - 5 March 2017 

I still have several St. Pat's charts that I can stitch - I am go back and forth and stitch a couple of Valentine themed designs as well. It is nice to have my stitching mojo back again.

I think it's time we had a woodpecker census.

Only one photo, but I sure was pleased to see a small female Downy Woodpecker at the feeder.  I think it's been a couple of months since I have seen one of my smallest woodpeckers.

The larger Hairy Woodpeckers continue to be regular feeder visitors.

I see them most often early in the morning and late in the afternoon.

As for the Acorn Woodpeckers, I see the male 10 times for every time I see the female (above).

There are occasions when both birds are working away at the peanut feeders.

Here's a male Northern Flicker at a suet feeder. 

He's pretty agile.

I love all the feather colors and patterns.  

A female Flicker waits her turn at the feeder. 

They are beginning to hammer away on the roof - it's courting season!

6 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Congratulations on your finish! The activity at your feeders always is delightful to see.

MaryO said...

Beautiful stitch and beautiful birds! Thanks for the pics!

MaryO said...

Beautiful stitch and beautiful birds! Thanks for the pics!

LaNelle said...

Glad to hear you have stitching mojo back....and it's a beauty! Loving the woodpeckers, we don't have the acorn in Northern MN and the Flickers are not back yet but certainly enjoying a pair of Pileated's plus many others....so enjoy your pictures.

Barb said...

What a cute finish! Maybe now I know why a flicker keeps pecking at our gutter. He wakes us up almost every morning!

Carol said...

It's so great to see your new finish--love it! We haven't had any interesting birds this winter--I hope now that the weather is warming up, we'll see more variety. I do love your flickers!