Monday, September 26, 2016

Over the Weekend

Over the weekend I spent a fair amount of time working on Mosey 'n Me's "Primitive Cat."  All the pink below the nose is new as is the tail.  Still lots to do, but am feeling like this is something I can get finished in the next couple of months.

I'd also like to thank everyone for their good wishes on the Roseburg Dahlia Show.  My sister got two entries on the Head Table (a BIG deal!).  This triple of 'Embrace" was one of the two Head Table winners.

Over the weekend I saw several groups of around 20 Cedar Waxwings.

This group was mostly young birds.

This group was a mix of juveniles and adults.

I love their high-pitched chatter...

...and their elegant good looks.

Sunday evening at dusk my father happened to notice this
A Great Horned Owl perched in one of the large second growth Douglas fir trees close to the house.

The bird never said a word.

But it did make a nice silhouette for us to enjoy.

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh how cool is that!!! I'd love to see an owl someday.

Vickie said...

Good for your sister.
Your father has a sharp eye. We always hear the owls first, then spot them. Such awesome creatures.

Maggee said...

Congrats to your sister!! What a gorgeous flower! Love the Mosey 'n Me cat... is is big? Or you just aren't devoting lots of time to it right now? I have never seen an owl, live and in the wild. Pretty cool! Hugs!

deb said...

What an adorable cat piece you're stitching!

Oh my goodness - that owl!!! So very cool!

Pull the other thread said...

Huge congrats to your sister! that is amazing, she deserves it, those dahlias are stunning. Love your cat stitching.

Christine said...

I love that cat piece and the way he is happily ignoring the little robin on his back.
Congratulations to your sister, the dahlias are stunning

Stewart M said...

That owl shot is great - never seen one like that!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

Carol said...

That is great that your sister's dahlias did so well! And what a neat shot of the owl--perfect for Halloween :)