Thursday, August 25, 2016

Blue and Yellow

Design - "August"
Chart - "Year Book - July and August"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count Light Mocha Cashel linen
Fibers - WDW & DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 19 August 2016
Completed - 20 August 2016

I'm really taken with the gull on the pier post and the starfish charm. And being me, the blues used 'sing' to me.

The Cedar Waxwings have also been 'singing' to me - their high-pitched whistle.  most days now I see a small flock of 8-12 birds.  They momentarily perch in the distant trees, but are not coming in close as of yet.    

It was thrilling to have this female Western Tanager 'come in close' for three mornings running.

Last year I had a female and young male that I saw regularly in the late summer.

I will gladly 'make do' with this female, but also hold out hopes of other Western Tanagers coming by.

4 comments:

Carol said...

What a cute August finish, Beth--have never seen that stitched up before, but it has such adorable motifs! Love the pretty Tanagers--lucky you :)

Vickie said...

This August pattern is adorable Beth. First time I have seen it. :D

Justine said...

I think I'm going to have to get this LK series - your August design is too cute for words!

Maggee said...

I think you have every LK set that has been published! Cute finish, as always! And how neat that the female Western Tanager came by... here's to hoping that more of them visit you soon! Hugs!