Monday, August 29, 2016

A Whale of a Day

Design - "August" - Joyful Journal
Designer - Heart in Hand
Fabric - 30 count WDW Confederate Gray
Fibers - GAST & WDW & CC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 21 August 2016
Completed - 23 August 2016

Loving the whale!  I saw this on Friendship Crossing's Facebook page and instantly wanted it!  A special thanks to Ann at Friendship Crossing for getting the chart and the threads to me so quickly.

I 'old' camera died a couple of weeks ago. The lens would no longer extend or retract.  I've been using a lesser camera while deciding what to do next.

This photo was taken with my 'lesser' camera.
Certainly not a bad photo.

But by new camera has a rather amazing zoom.
Look at the clarity of the feathers on this male Anna's Hummingbird.  

Here's a close up of a male Anna's.

Close up of an American Goldfinch.

Male California Quail.

Steller's Jay.

Song Sparrow.

I think it does a nice job. And I bought a three year extended warrenty!


9 comments:

Margaret said...

I feel like you just bought a new camera! How times flies! It's amazing how the technology just gets better and better. Lovely pics!

Poppypatchwork said...

Brilliant choice for your camera, wonderful photo's

Vickie said...

Oh my! August is darling!!

Robin in Virginia said...

I think your 'lesser' camera takes fabulous pictures. What type of camera is it?

Barb said...

I do love that whale stitch! There's even a small light house in the design. I wish you many wonderful hours with the new camera. I was amazed to see the feathers so clearly.

deb said...

Your bird pictures are amazing - I always enjoy looking at them. You obviously know how to do tricky stuff with whatever camera you have in your hand and I'm in awe of your skill. We had a hummingbird at the lobelia in the back corner of the yard last week so I grabbed the camera. Out of a couple dozen pictures, I think you can actually figure out it's a hummingbird in two. :)

The whale piece is so cute! And I really like the lighthouse peeking out of the wave border.

Justine said...

I love that whale stitch. What a fun design!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

After a long...stressful spring and summer, I'm trying to catch up with blogs :) Back to the lovely photo journey of your feathered friends. Relaxing and lovely! I've had a few Whale of Days lately...what a cute design!

Maggee said...

I also thought you bought that camera recently... but with that warranty, you should get it fixed. There is definitely a difference in what the old camera could do and what the new, albeit broken right now, camera can! Hope it is fixed soon! Hugs!