Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tuesday's Tiny Tidings

Design - "Dash Away"
Chart - "Tiny Tidings XX"
Design - Lizzie Kate
FAbric - 32 count Blue Petite Dot linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 18 December 2015
Completed - 22 December 2015

I thought stitching on polka dot linen might prove to be a challenge, but it was very straight-forward.  No frogging involved. 

My stitching was a Lizzie Kate "Tiny Tidying" and the birds I'm showing off today are tiny too.

We are to have another spell of cold weather with lows in the mid-20s.

That always makes me worry about the Anna's Hummingbirds.

They are such tiny delicate things - it is amazing that they can survive sub-freezing temperatures.

I'll bring in the feeders at night...

...then put one out at first light and rotate them until the temperatures warm up for the day so the sugar water does not freeze.

We have at least two other neighbors who are feeding the hummingbirds throughout the winter months.

I wonder how many hummers are in the 1/2 mile area.

Hang in there guys!

13 comments:

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Hi
Lovely stitching and pretty fabric.
Birds are so beautiful
In Italy we are having an hot winter with a lot of humidity.

Maggee said...

I have been wondering how it would be to stitch on the dotted fabric... I may check it out next year! I hope the hummers do well, with the cold winter ahead. Hugs!

cucki said...

Beautiful xxx

Joy said...

What a beautiful humming bird! Nice little ornament too.

Vickie said...

That is such a sweet, little stitch.

Shebafudge said...

Aww...Dash Away is so cute!

Pam in IL said...

The L*K design is cute on the polkadot fabric. I stitched a design on the same fabric, but I stitched on the back side of the fabric for a more muted polkadot and it turned out really nice. It's so nice to see your hummers.

Wanda said...

Hi Beth!
Dashaway is just too cute!
I am always amazed by the contrast between how delicate the Anna's look and how hardy they have to be. Great pics!

Barb said...

I love the way your design looks on the polka-dot fabric! I worry about the little birds too. I miss them this year but it just could not be a priority for me. Getting my back in shape has been a continuous challenge.

Margaret said...

They are so pretty and delicate. I do hope they do well over these cold spells. Love your polka dot fabric finish too!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Do you use sunflowers seeds in your feeders? It is what the birds here seem to prefer. Love your stitcheries.

Christine said...

I like that one, the spotty fabric is perfect for it. Sweet bird pics too

Brigitte said...

Dash Away looks gorgeous on the dotted fabric. And these little birds have such wonderful colors. What a delight it must be to watch them.