Friday, October 9, 2015

2015 Christmas Ornaments That Called to Me

I finally got my Just Cross Stitch 2015 Christmas Ornaments magazine and have had time to page through it.

Several bloggers have shared their five favorite ornaments.

Well, I have seven I quite liked!   
1st row: The Prairie Schooler, "Winter's Eve"; New York Dreamer, "White Christmas"; Mosey 'N Me, "Christmas Test Drive"; Hands on Design, "Plenty".
2nd row: The Workbasket, "Decked for the Holidays"; Val's Stuff, "Snow"; From the Heart, "Merry Christmas 2015".

As the sun rides lower in the autumn sky, the Hufflepuffs have taken to napping in its warmth outside and inside.

Only three kinds of woodpeckers this week.  I did have some Sapsuckers, but was not able to get photos.

I've been worried about my Hairy Woodpeckers. I don't see them during the day, but they are still swinging by late in the afternoon.

I am hoping they become Winter Regulars.

I have four Acorn Woodpeckers including this female.

Here's a pretty female Northern Flicker.

You can see her bright orange tail feathers.

A male came to eat some suet.

I was taken with his claws - they look like weapons! No wonder he can adhere to about any surface he'd like.

He has quite the bill too!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Haven't had a chance to look at the new Ornament Issue, but I like your choices. Especially the Prairie Schooler one. What a shame they are going out of business. Love your bird photos. We have 5 kinds of woodpeckers here, but not the lovely Acorn woodpecker. Your cats are so cute!

Vickie said...

I like your ornament choices Beth! I enjoy that issue so much. Just for looking even! :)

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Your lions love the October sun :-)
Beautiful birds photos and l lovely magazine.
Ciao Giovanna

Christine said...

Nice choices, that "plenty" one is one of my favourites too.
Lovely pics of the woodpeckers

daisy g said...

Oooh, I'll bet it was hard to pick favorites!
Beautiful birds.

Maggee said...

That's about all I picked too, so didn't buy it! I have enough back issues and charts to keep me busy for quite some time! Just Downy's here still...