Friday, July 10, 2015

Flashback Friday / Critter Confrontations

Design - "Stars & Stripes"
Designer - Blackbird Designs
Fabric - 27 count R & R Old Mill Java linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 3 threads
Started - 3 July 2006
Completed -  18 July 2006

I have a note that I changed the color of the red from "Bluecoat Red" to something 'more red'...whatever that was I no longer remember!

Parvati has had a tough time of it lately.  Here she's sprawled enjoying the early morning sunshine...seconds before her father, Tom-Cat decides that she 
'wants' to play and jumps on her.  Yowling and snarling and scuffling ensue. 

As if that were not enough, she's had to defend her territory from Curious Deer.

First up Unicorn (with just one long antler what else could be call him?) came by.

"Hmmm", he seems to say, "Let me take a closer look."

Parvati is ready to bop his nose if needed.

Unicorn ponders the situation.

"But I am bigger than her," he thinks... 

...and so moves in closer still.
Poor Parvati - her ears are back and her coat is fluffed out.

If he will not give up, she will cede a bit of ground.

"Don't you want to play?"

Notice who is watching from a safe distance - Tom-Cat!

And now Gimpy Girl strolls by.

Nibbles a bit of a blackberry vine...

...and she comes in for a closer look.

Parvati scrunches down.

"I'm not going anywhere this time deer!"

"Ha!  I win this round," Says Parvati Patel.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

I continue to be amazed at the interest the deer have in the cats!

Linda said...

Awesome pictures Beth. How very interesting.

Linda

Frances said...

Too cute! Watching animals is so much fun!
Love your stitching!

Maggee said...

Too cute--the deer seem pretty inquisitive don't they! I have always liked that Blackbird piece! Nicely done!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

You made me smile this evening Beth, every photo tells a story:-)

Barb said...

Those are the cutest pictures!!! I love the design you showed today.

Justine said...

Yay for Parvati!

Anna van Schurman said...

I like the red you chose. Brightens it up. I'm stitching with Bluecoat red right now, and I like that red better for this piece!