Thursday, April 9, 2015

Gray Hares and Big Birds

We are all in agreement.

Lizzie Kate's "A Little Gray Hare" will be my next stitching project!

I am so pleased to have a couple of White-crowned Sparrows around.
I think they are handsome little birds.

While I've got my back feeders Pigeon-proof, the same cannot be said of the feeders in the front of the house.

I tossed some sunflower seeds in this bowl.  I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

And if I remove the plastic tray from this feeder, I think the Band-tail Pigeons will not be able to access the food.

I took a walk the other day and saw this female Turkey.

The poor dear was being courted not by one Tom-Turkey...

...rather she had three Toms dancing in attendance.

11 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Beth, just the other day on my walk, I saw in a distant field (and I had my binoculars) about 7 hens and one tom with his tail feathers all displayed prancing around them...none of them appeared interested, rather they were too busy trying to eat the corn :) HA!

Margaret said...

OMG, look at those pigeons! I hope you can figure out how to keep them away. They just aren't the same as the pretty birds you get. Love your next stitching pick.

Ranae said...

Great new LK project, pretty birds and of course turkeys, lol.
We don't get pigeons, we get the mean blue jays, that chase all the song birds away, big bullies
Happy new start!!

Vickie said...

I am getting white hairs! Ha! Get my lame joke?
Wowie, the pigeons are pigs!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Love the turkeys Beth. I too got this kit but just can't bring myself to stitch on the linen colour included.

Justine said...

Your LK looks very pretty. Not so the pigeons!

Barb said...

That little white -crowned sparrow is a very pretty little bird. I loved seeing the turkeys!! I rarely see them around here.

Melody said...

We saw a rather large group of wild turkeys last weekend. They are amusing. One of the toms had his feathers spread out like a fan. They were quick to disappear.

Frances said...

I love that LK hare--so cute!
Those pigeons might be a bit of a nuisance, but they are pretty to look at!
We do have turkeys around here!!! I live near the Natchez Trace, and I see them on the Trace all the time!!! There are usually several together.

Maggee said...

I saw that LK piece finished and it is really adorable--look forward to seeing it finished! I have to get one or two more snaps to show how I have GREATLY reduced the number of 'pest' bird visits to the feeders... because of the new feeders! NOT entirely gone, but definitely a difference! And I heard my neighbors across the way are having three or four huge pine trees removed next week, which is where they congregate mostly... so maybe they will move on... Hugs!

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness, those pigeons really are little oinkers. lol