Saturday, March 7, 2015

Saturday's Creatures

I continue to be behind with some of my posts.  I do have new Trail Camera photos - so stay tuned.  For now, I hope these photos will make do. 

You can see the little nubs on this young buck. Next year he will be sporting antlers.

He's still a Mama's Boy!

Basic Brown Bunny

I hadn't seen my California Ground Squirrel in several weeks - and here he is!

The Chipmunks are not the least bit elusive! 

Nor are the Gray Squirrels.

As most folks would agree, rare is the bird feeder that they cannot scale.

As this one has expensive hulled sunflower seeds, I'll have to attempt to outsmart the squirrel!

6 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

We had two squirrels visiting this morning, they love the sunflower hearts that we put out.

Barb said...

We have never been able to outsmart the squirrels!

Marie said...

Oh, those squirrels and the bird feeders, ugh! They certainly are clever little critters. Love your pics.

Annette-California said...

Hey maybe one of our squirrels went to visit you from California! We have 2 that we call Chip & Dale who always visit our walnut tree.
love Annette

Margaret said...

Ah yes, those pesky squirrels. lol! I love seeing the CA squirrel though. Fun to see the difference. We, of course, have the gray squirrels.

Maggee said...

One thing that may work for the squirrels is to spread vaseline or anything in that consistency, the smellier the better--I used 'butt paste' one time!-- on the pole! They slip off! Just remember to reapply! Often! I also have another idea but I will blog about that soon!