Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hummingbird Sunday

For whatever reason, I only have one Rufous Hummingbird photo this week.

I guess the Anna's were just extra-active!

I hadn't seen a male Anna in a while...

...so not only did I see a male...

...but in the drizzly weather he deigned to share the feeder with a female.

I wonder if there are baby hummers safe in a nest.

Apparently rainy weather makes for a Feeder Detente. 

These two females shared the feeder for several minutes.

It is a rare sight for me - multiple birds at the feeder.

With few flowers blooming and fewer insects out and about in rainy weather, the nectar feeders become the primary source of food.

So while we may be a bit grumpy...

 ...and it is a bit upsetting...

...we'll just ruffle our feathers and share!

6 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a pretty bird the rufous is - such a lovely colour.

jhm said...

The Hummingbirds look great. They won't be back in our area until May - and then depending on temps. we usually have bright green ones. We normally set out two feeders. Looking forward to the warmer weather.

JHM
http://needleworkerssamplings.blogspot.com/

Barb said...

These are wonderful pictures! I hope we get a Rufous this year.

Frances said...

I love these beautiful birds--the colors are marvelous!

LDR said...

Wonderful photos--thanks for sharing.

Margaret said...

Love the hummers! You take such great pictures!