Thursday, March 5, 2015

Baby Steps

The days go by so quickly, and as evening comes to a close (bed-time), I realize that I've done little if any stitching.  I am enjoying puttering away on "For Keeps" and certainly expect that I will be able to post a finish next week.

We had a pair of Red-tailed Hawks soaring in the sky.

I'm down to just five to seven Pine Siskins as the feeders.

They have a very cheerful song and chatter to one another.  They've provided much entertainment on the birding front this winter.  

As have the Black-capped Chickadees.
"Chicka-dee-dee-dee!" 
They can appear as short little butterballs.

Or longer, sleeker birds.

The Juncos are plump little birds too.

While the Steller's Jays are comical characters.

They do have tail and wing patterns - bright blue with dramatic black stripes. 
Evening wear! 

5 comments:

Vickie said...

The Stellar's Jays are just so very gorgeous.

Carol said...

I'll bet it's really hard to squeeze in stitching time as your hours in the garden ramp up, Beth! I try to get in at least 30 minutes a day--at least you feel as if you are accomplishing some thing :)

Amazing blues in those Jays!!

Barb said...

I will miss all the birds when summer comes. We don't feed them in the summer because we use our deck all the time. We can only see the feeders that are on the deck.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think the stellar jays come a close second to the flickers. I just love that shade of blue and the head plumage makes me smile.

Maggee said...

I wonder if we get Stellar Jays... gotta look them up! Pretty birds! We are getting fewer birds visiting this week, as it warms up. Sad face!