Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Decorating - The Bird Tree Trees

Long-time readers of this blog know that my Mom has a large bird tree she decorates each year. I was going to call it the Big Bird Tree but thatsounds as though there's going to be a large yellow bird lurking somewhere! 

This year we had so many bird ornaments that we ended up with four trees.

The Owl Tree which I featured earlier.  

And we ended up with two small birdhouse trees. 
I've gotten lots of comments about my forest of small trees. I've collected them over a number of years. I have several that I bought from Hallmark and Coldwater Creek.  A couple of the trees are by Martha Stewart. I've also purchased trees from local retailers.

So here's this year's set up - the two smaller birdhouse trees to the left of the larger one. 

While most all the ornaments are birds, there are a couple of exceptions including the perforated paper gingerbread men I stitched back in the 1980's and this bat.   

We have enough cardinal ornaments that we could to a cardinal tree. May next year!  Lovebirds, swan, herons, turkeys, eagles, pelicans, jays, penguins, chickens, and my favorite the Evening Grosbeak (bottom row 2nd from the left). 

The University of Oregon Duck will play Florida State on New Year's Day at the Rose Bowl.  GO DUCKS!

The Bird Tree is a hit with everyone in the family.

See what I mean?

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your bird themed trees! The owl one has to be my favorite since I love owls. Merry Christmas!

AnaCristina said...

So beautiful!
Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

Each one is so pretty, Beth--I'd love to see an all cardinal tree next year :)

Have a wonderful Christmas tomorrow--hope the kitties get some special treats, too!

Pam in IL said...

Beautiful trees!

Merry Christmas!

Melody said...

I love your bird trees! Unusual to see so many bird ornaments. I guess I've never looked for them. We have a couple of black capped chickadees on our tree. Merry Christmas!!

Vickie said...

Absolutely wonderful Beth!

Melissa said...

That is a great bird tree! I love that upside birdie! Gee, what a good kitty you have there, leaving all those birds alone!

Melanie said...

Awwww! It's like the tree above him represents his dreams. :)

Maggee said...

Had not noticed how very BIG the Cardinal topper is! It must be twelve inches long! Wow! Thanks for sharing as always! Hugs!

Frances said...

More wonderful trees! The birds are all so lovely! Just beautiful!