Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Kitting Up and Garden Clean Up

It's well into November, and time I kitted up Cottage Garden Samplings "November's Chrysanthemum". 

Each morning starts sunny and clear...

...and then the fog rolls in.

Our little Ginkgo dropped all of its bright yellow leaves. 

Early November is Mushroom Time!

This is a large clump - over 10" across.

There are all kinds popping up.

Perfect little umbrellas...

...side by side with bright orange 'goo'.

On Sunday I worked on winterizing the Front Porch.

I ended up with several carts full of Garden Art...

...and more...

..and still more.

I removed all the Coleus as they would die with the first frost (the deer will enjoy munching on them) and moved my ferns to the Back Patio.

These tender Begonias and Fuchsias will spend the winter in the heated shop and greenhouse.

I still need to tackle the Hostas and remaining Fuchsias, but I've made a good start.   

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Do you know if you have edible mushrooms?

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I enjoy garden clean up and putting the garden to me. I still have a lot of work to do--leave raking, pruning spirea, planting spring bulbs. Fresh air sunshine and working in the garden good for the body and the soul

Giovanna said...

Enjoy the new stitch - pretty colours!

Frances said...

I always love your beautiful "nature" pictures!

Barb said...

We have the most amazing mushrooms in the NW. We got hit with a big freeze last night. Now I can finish the clean-up in my garden.

Margaret said...

Love the pic of your wheelbarrow with colorful watering cans!

Pam in IL said...

Love the colors of the design you kitted. It sure feels like winter around here. I have one pot on my porch with snapdragons going crazy, but I think today's temps of 29F did them in. Everything else is already winterized.

Catherine said...

Just spent some time catching up on a whole bunch of your posts ~ as always, it relaxes me. Your photos are always so beautiful!

Melanie said...

I spot a little bee bum in that pile of art! Heheh. :)