Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Framed Finish - Cute as a Bug

Design - "Cute as a Bug"
Designer - Birds of a Feather
Fabric - 32 count R & R Dark Cappuccino
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 16 May 2010
Completed - 19 May 2010

Framed - October 2014

The burgundy frame picks up the color of the sentiment.

I now have framed three patterns in this series.

We've had over 2 inches of rain and wind as well.

The deer did not much seem to mind.

At one point three of the four were bedded now in the pouring rain.

Chewing their cud.

And otherwise kicking back.

Until they heard a car drive up.

I cannot thank everyone enough for their comments and kind words about our Solomon.  

As you can see he is feeling much better.

His red mouth and the ulcers on his tongue are much improved.
His liver is much better as well. He is eating, drinking, playing and sleeping 'normally' once again. His white cell count though is still far too high. We have started a 21 day course of antibiotics and will take blood work again at its conclusion.


10 comments:

Vickie said...

What a sweet trio of stitching!
Solomon is still in my prayers. I am so glad to see him improved.

Maggee said...

You KNOW I love that series!! Glad to hear Solomon is on the mend... Hugs!

Carol said...

The three of them look so great all framed up, Beth, and what great news that your kitty is improving. I'm sure you're so relieved!

Melissa said...

Oh, I love those BOAF stitches and in their framed glory! I must get mine out to stitch!

So glad to hear Solomon is doing better and on the mend!

Margaret said...

I'm envious of everyone who has these BOAF charts. I don't put out the effort to get them for my collection though, so I will just enjoy seeing other people's finishes. Like yours! Beautiful! You will have quite the collection. The rain is good, right? Aren't you all still in a drought? Or no? I'm glad Solomon is feeling better. I hope the antibiotics get him totally back to normal.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love these BOAF designs, they look so good framed too. Like Margaret, I didn't collect them at the time and have long since regretted this. I'm so glad that Solomon is a bit better Beth, he's a handsome fellow with his gingery coat. I thought of you today when I visited our vet with Brandy, he wasn't a happy dog but after two injections and some hands on treatment he's feeling a bit better.

Barb said...

So happy to see Solomon looking so much batter and having better blood results. Cute photos of the deer in the rain!

Pam in IL said...

I'm trying to catch up on my reading and just seeing that Solomon has been a sick kitty. So glad to read that he's doing better. All your stitching looks great and I've enjoyed seeing all the bird, flower and market photos.

Mary said...

So very glad Solomon is doing better.

Andrea said...

Three beautifully framed pieces. Glad Soloman is on the mend.