Thursday, July 3, 2014

Busy As A Bee With Babies

Design - "Busy as a Bee"
Designer - Birds of a Feather
Fabric - 28 count Meadowlark Birds of a Feather linen
Fibers - GAST - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 27 June 2014
Completed - 28 June 2014

I've now stitched several designs in this series - click on the titles to see my finishes:

I still have "Smart as a Fox", "Silly as a Goose", and "Gentle as a Lamb" to stitch. The one chart in the series I long for is "Wise as an Owl".  I've never seen it for resale anywhere.

We are awash in baby birds!
See the baby Evening Grosbeak below its parents? 

All the fledged Evening Grosbeaks have the coloring of females, so it is impossible for me to tell "who they are".


This chubby little guy pestered his Dad non-stop.


He chirped and chattered and scolded.


I think Dad finally gave in and fed him.

Here's another 'new bird' see how fluffy he/she is?


This baby looks grumpy!

This one flapped its wings excitedly and got Dad to fed it.



We do have other babies too like this one.
A Song Finch I think.

And weirdly the Violet-green Swallows are looking at real estate again.

At the same time the two occupied houses have hungry babies impatiently awaiting the return of their parents. 


These guys will probably fledge around the 4th of July.

Well, we do have a couple more California Quail families.

These are some of the smallest ones yet - striped like baby chicks.
In the foreground is a fledged Towhee.

More of the tiny Quail babies.  
Lurking in the background is an adult Towhee. You can compare the adult and the baby Towhee - very different feather configurations.

Don't you think this baby Quail looks like an Easter chick?

Quail and a bunny - pretty bucolic! 


Too cute for words!
Squee!  Sigh!

One year ago today Mom and I took a walking tour of the Inns of Court. The Inns of Court was one of the lovely London surprises - lots of history, architecture, wonderful gardens, and quiet - something rare in London!

10 comments:

Carol said...

Such a cute new finish, Beth!

I'm always amazed at the number and variety of birds that visit your yard... I'm so bored with our typical six or seven varieties! I think I need to research how to attract new birds to my yard :)

Mary said...

The last photo looks like " my tiara has slipped" Have a safe and happy Fourth of July.

Maggee said...

THAT is the cutest Bee I have ever seen stitched! Love it! And look at all those babies!! Life goes on...

cucki said...

It's a very cute finish..
Beautiful photos xxx

Barb said...

Busy Bee is so cute!! I especially like the pictures of the baby birds in the bird houses. Very cute!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love your new header and your new stitch. This series is one of my favourites - do you remember loaning me one ages ago and I stitched it as a gift for someone?

Margaret said...

Fantastic! So many baby birds -- I love it! Love your new finish too. I've loved those designs forever.

Sparky said...

beautiful eye you have there...the birds are amazing..your stitching divine

Melissa said...

I love that Busy as a Bee! So cute! The whole BOAF animal series is wonderful!

Ranae said...

I love that series
I have only a few of them
I know I have this one for sure, now to go dig it out, lol
Thanks that's how I get in trouble,... Looking for one thing and pull out 10, lol
Take care