Thursday, April 10, 2014

Stitching a Border & Critters on the Walk

This makes for a pretty boring photo, but I did want to post confirmation that I've begun to stitch on Mosey 'n Me's "Hare Crossing".

We have been blessed with several lovely days in a row. As I walked along in the sunshine Monday, I saw lots of other folks enjoying the wonderful April weather.

A Red-bellied Sapsucker

A Song Sparrow

A Downy Woodpecker

A Bullfrog

Lots of Bullfrog Tadpoles

This White-crowned Sparrow was singing its little heart out.

It didn't seem to mind me.

A female Orange-shafted Flicker

A finalist in the Easter Bunny Pageant 

Spotted Towhee

10 comments:

Von said...

It's been such a beautiful spring week here in the NW! But we are a bit dry here in the Tri-Cities and I'm anxious for the irrigation water to start flowing.

Carol said...

You just never know what creature you'll come upon in your walks, do you, Beth? That's a wonderful part of the world you live in!!

linda said...

The sapsuckers are so vibrantly colored. We used to catch tadpoles as kids and then release them, happy spring memories. And I like to watch the towhees flip up all the leaves to see what they can find underneath.

cucki said...

So much fun with sweet spring days :)

Melody said...

Lovely photos! I especially like the bullfrog tadpoles! So much fun to watch I think.

Margaret said...

So much wildlife! Great pics as always!

Barb said...

All the wild life is amazing this time of year. Each morning I hear the birds singing! I love to wake up to that sound.

Pam in IL said...

I love seeing the birds, bunnies and frogs! We've had some warmer weather the past few days. Can you believe we actually have snow in the forecast for Monday/Tuesday? Great start on Hare Crossing.

LaNelle said...

Great photos, look forward to continued progress on stitching...

Shebafudge said...

The spotted towee is very pretty. I have to say that the stitching isn't the most exciting ever...lol...but it'll be great with a bit more done.
Sorry, that comment is supposed to be jokey but I'm not sure it reads like that!