Thursday, March 6, 2014

It Was Sunny Now It Is Raining

I've had "Whimsical Heart" by Ewe & Eye & Friends on the back burner for a while.  I picked it up yesterday and worked on it; stitching the heart and the leaves.  I am going to stitch all the flowers then lastly the 'holes' in the heart.  I asked for other color options than the suggested DMC 310.  I will review them when all else has been stitched so I can best see how they might 'play' with the other colors.  Thanks much to everyone who took the time to offer suggestions.

Tuesday was a truly lovely 'out of season' day.

I watched a couple of skeins of geese as they honked their way north.

I think the birds celebrated the lovely day in their own fashion.

Some took the time to stretch their wings and bag a few rays!

Really a bird that only a mother could love!

Did you know that a Turkey Vulture can turn its head 180 degrees?

The Acorn Woodpeckers used the nice day to work on their granary tree.   

I think my newest bird feeder is a small success.
The small birds - juncos, chickadees, and finches all seem to like it.

Finally, more Mourning Doves!  I had a pair at the feeders and while there, they were busy talking to others (who I could not see) that responded in kind.

Nobody, but nobody enjoys a sunny day like a cat!

Hmmmm...what's got the two tigers' attention?
(Clue: look to the right of the photo at the edge of the grass.)

Really, really got their attention?

A bunny!
(I made sure no lives were lost!)

It began raining late Tuesday evening, so the Great Orange Hunters have retreated inside for a couple of days.

10 comments:

Melody said...

I like the heart. I am not very good at advising on alternate colors.

It looks like you had a nice sunny day!

Annette-California said...

Our cats like the neighborhood bunnies (2 females) and they don't bother them at all, I'm so thankful. Thanks for an update on your heart sampler in this post. The birds look like their having a little social. love Annette

Cindy's Stitching said...

The heart is very nice. I like the colors. The pictures are very nice. Lots of diff. Birds . The bunny is cute.

Emily Schiller said...

I love the heart and the bird photos. But I SO get the cat ones. What could be better after days and days (and months) of cold, wet, snowy weather than some nice warm cement! And with a bunny to (unsuccessfully) stalk, what could be better?

Margaret said...

I'm so envious of the cats, I can't stand it. lolol! Lovely lovely!

Barb said...

Both the birds and the orange hunters seem to be enjoying a lovely day!

Pam in IL said...

Whimsical Heart is coming along nicely. I like the pink and am curious to see which color you go with for the dots.

I'm with the kitties, I want to be soaking up as much sunshine as I can!

Chris said...

Lovely EE&F stitching. Thanks for sharing the lovely spring pics. Freezing rain here...ugh! It is supposed to be nice tomorrow, I can't wait to get outside.

Sherry said...

Love the birds! We are getting rain too! A very cold rain! And the temps got cold again but we are supposed to get back up in the high 60s again tomorrow. This weather is unreal!

Maggee said...

What a bunch of fakers! We KNOW they never attack! Too much effort... Turkey Vultures/Buzzards ARE the ugliest, for sure! Hugs!