Thursday, September 19, 2013

Zoom Zoom Zoom

Zoom Zoom Zoom!
My camera lens that is! 

Here's Padma's close up

Mr. California Quail
He looks as though he has 2 separate top-knots - I think that is most unusual.

Scrub Jay

Goldfinches

Goldfinch

Goldfinch
(You can tell who poses nicely for me.

Song Sparrow

Oregon Junco

Turkey Vulture

Acorn Woodpecker
This shot is especially impressive as I was far, far, far away.

The Harvest Moon - close

...and closer still.


Lots of folks commented on the Cedar Waxwing.
Two year's ago I stumbled across a small flock.
Here are links if you'd like to see more photos of the lovely birds in the fall of 2011 and the spring of 2012.

13 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

My favourite photo today is the song sparrow.

cucki said...

Sweet photos x

Margaret said...

So lovely! Love Padma's close up too.

Lizzy said...

Just love your birdy pics. You have a wonderful knowledge.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It is zooming all over showing us God's beautiful creations! The moon...spectacular!

Maggee said...

The closeup of the Junco and the Song Sparrow are as if they are two inches away from you! Such a great camera! You made me laugh about the moon pictures, because on my way home tonight as I waited to turn at a signal, there it was--so big and bright. But, I only had my phone, and those were some fuzzy UGLY pictures through the windshield... what did I expect? Comparable to YOURS! Ha!

Pam in IL said...

You know how much I love the birds and these new photos do not disappoint! I like the moon photos too.

Barb said...

Your lens is doing a wonderful job! Thanks for the link to the old cedar waxwing photos!

hazel c UK said...

Your photos are amazing especially the harvest moon -incredible.

Thank you
Hazel c uk

Chris said...

Great pics. I think that the camera is working out. I love the moon pics.

Mouse said...

oooooooooo drooling over your photos ... love that moon :) love mouse xxxxx

Sarah Beth said...

Your photos are always so beautiful. Was your new camera expensive? It does a marvelous job. I bet you would even get paid for some of them if you submitted them to certain magazines..birds and blooms comes to mind. I am signed up to get your posts by email. When I go to hit reply it says no reply. I used to be able to reply to the post by email

MelissaD said...

as others have said - great photos! The birds look as if they are sitting just a few inches away from you.
I truly enjoy all your bird and garden updates.
We have a lot of California quail in our yard and I have never seen a double top knot - he must be the grand poobah of quails!