Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Sunday Morning Breakfast Club


We are getting ready for the Great Backyard Bird Count February 15-18th.  It's really easy and fun too.  You don't have to be an 'expert' by any means.  I'm sure not!  You can participate one day, two days, three days, or four days - your choice.  This year the GBBC is going global, so no matter where you are in the world, you are welcome to send in information.  There are
checklists to work from which helps tremendously.  All you have to do is observe the birds at your feeders or in your yard for at least 15 minutes per day and share the data.

Some of us do not appear excited about the additional attention the birds will receive. 

On the other hand, it is possible that some of us will hang around just so we can be counted!

We'll even sing a happy song.

And shove a bunny out of the way if we have to! 

Tom-Cat urges you to consider participating.  This will be our third year.

He does wonder if there will ever be a Great Backyard Rodent Count.

8 comments:

cucki said...

aww cute lovely fellow..love for you all x

Poppypatchwork said...

We did our garden bird count last month, which was fun, I love your wildlife photo's xxx

Giovanna said...

Enjoy the count - it seems like you have good help :-)

Chris said...

Funny!
I will be interested to hear what your tally will be this year. Do you compare that differences in your past years?

Mouse said...

oooooo guess what I managed to get some birdie photos with my new camera today whoop whoop ... and remind me nearer the time .... and I did find my bulbs were sprouting too .. spring is on its way ... yeahhhh :) love mouse xxxxx

Nicola said...

The year has gone around so quickly since the count last year.

Barb said...

That sounds like fun. I'm going to look it up. Thanks for the information.

Melanie said...

Sounds like fun. I will be interested to see what you come up with too.