Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hail Hail A Girl Is Here!

Design - "January Stamp" (Flip It F34)
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 28 count Light Mocha Cashel
Fibers - GAST & WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 2 February 2013
Completed - 4 February 2013

Pretty cute I think snowman!  Lizzie Kate's "February Stamp" is pretty cute too.  It may join my To Stitch Pile of Charts.

We've had rain showers with periods of sun and very mild temperatures.
The birds are happy with the weather.   

The Scrub Jays wait to see if I've any stale bread to toss their way.

The Robins are all about worms.  This one has its head tipped as it is 'listening' - amazing that they can hear worms in the ground. 

And look who has joined my February Grosbeak Party!

A female Grosbeak has shown up at the feeder the last couple of days.  I've also seen a Varied Thrush at the suet feeder three or four times now, but never when I have my camera handy.  I think they are all taunting me and will disappear the day before the Great Backyard Bird Count begins. 

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Love your stitching. So cool about the female Grosbeak too! I don't do bird watching, but when we stopped at a restaurant on the way up to Boston, they had a nice bird feeder out the window and a poster showing various types of birds. It was fun to try to spot the various species. I guess I should do more bird watching!

Maggee said...

You gotta stop saying that! If you feed them, they will come! I am home with strep... oh joy for my birthday! Hugs!

Carol said...

I'm sure your birds will appear in multitudes for your Great Backyard Bird Count, Beth!! Love your little LK snowman--I stitched him last year and he is one of my favorites :)

Giovanna said...

Love the new snowman, it's a real cutie. And great photos again.

Barb said...

If the Feb. stamp is as cute as the Jan. one, it would be well worth stitching!

Siobhán said...

Your L*K is cute! Great bird photos, as always. We have a bird nesting in our air vent again, it's too high up to see just what it is w/o it flying away, but it sounds like there's a party going on in there!

Chris said...

Now it's a party :) I am sure that the guys are happy!

Pam in IL said...

Love that cute snowman! I didn't know the robins listened for the worms - you always teach me something! I will be paying closer attention to the robins in my yard when they come back.

Melanie said...

Haha! Wouldn't that beat all if they really did disappear during your counting phase?
Great little finish! I like the wee buttons as snow.

geeky Heather said...

The snowman is really cute! (Or maybe it should be a snowwoman in honor of the female Grosbeak? =) Lovely bird pictures as always.