Friday, December 7, 2012

The Perfect Gift!

Christmas has come early!
Look what just arrived in the mail.  

As a RAOK and a personal acknowledgement of her enjoyment of my blog, Julianne sent me this wonderful Prairie Schooler ornament.
The stitching is lovely, as is the finish.
Front...  

...and back.
The motif of the chipmunk is a huge delight!
It's just darned perfect, and so appreciated...

...appreciated by everyone!

And I do mean everyone!

We take bird watching very seriously here at Clos du Bois.
Padma is one of our Resident Experts.

He knows all about Morning Doves.

He recognizes noisy Hairy Woodpeckers.

This one is extracting a peanut from the feeder.

Padma longs for a "V" of geese to land in the backyard.

Quail though, as they are often walking rather than flying, are amongst his favorite birds.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Aww! So sweet and thoughtful.

Giovanna said...

Oh that's so cute - good for you, and kudos to Julianne.

Julianne said...

Beth

Am so glad it arrived safely and that you like it.

Happy holidays to all of you (man and beast).

Mary said...

What a lucky girl you are...... so sweet.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What an appropriate stitch for you Beth, it's very neat.

Siobhán said...

Oh my goodness, what a pretty ornament! It's perfect for you.

I think quail are such a funky looking bird--but so pretty!

Margaret said...

What a wonderful gift! I love chipmunks! Love all the bird pics too!

cucki said...

wow very sweet gift..
love for you x

Barb said...

What a perfect ornament for you!Such a kind gift! The chipmunk is so cute(both real and stitched)!

Nicola said...

What a lovey and apt gift Beth. Pin pals are the best.

Chris said...

That ornie is perfect. What a thoughtful gift!

Pam in IL said...

That ornament is adorable! I was going through a huge box of cross stitch books and pamphlets someone just gave me and I came across several wildlife designs from Prairie Schooler that made me think of you.