Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas is Coming the Goose is Getting Fat

On Thursday morning as my Mom and I reached Cesar Chavez Elementary School, we noticed a large flock of Cackling Geese working the school's fields.

Cackling Geese are a smaller version of Canada Geese.

Their colors and sounds are identical, but they have much shorter necks.

These geese were enjoying a rare sunny morning munching on grass.
They are entirely herbivorous and eat a variety of plant species and parts, especially grasses, sedges, grain, and berries.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Thanks Beth. I had never heard of Cackling Geese. We are loaded with the good 'ol Canadian Geese.

Vickie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cucki said...

so sweet..i love goose so much.my fav.
love for you x

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I learned something new again Beth, I'd never have known the difference. I do like geese and love to see their formations as they fly. One of my favourite artists is P Buckley Moss who has geese in many of her works.