Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Visit to Gray's

Earlier in the week, my Mom and I headed to Gray's (a local nursery) to purchase a wreath.

Gray's had wreathes tailored to the tastes to avid University of Oregon Football fans!

This wreath, however, is more along the lines of what we chose.

The state of Oregon is one of the largest growers of Christmas trees in the US.  Holiday Farms in Corvallis, OR will ship one million Christmas trees this year. 45% of the trees go to California, 35% go to other US destinations, and 20% go to Mexico. 

If a large tree does not work for you, then how about a Rosemary Christmas tree?

Decorating in the Pacific NW should include fir and pine cones.

Yes, the University of Oregon decorating theme continues.  The football team finished the year ranked #4 and is headed off to the Fiesta Bowl on January 3, 2013.

Do you remember Norman Gnome?  I'm thinking this fellow might make a good companion for him!

With recent improvement in hybridization techniques, Poinsettias are now available in red, and pink, and cream...

I know, I know...but we are all about the Ducks here in Eugene, OR.

This tree was more to my tastes - I like the mix of birds and birdhouses.

9 comments:

cucki said...

such lovely nursery..so beautiful..
love for you x

Siobhán said...

Oh, I like that last tree especially! I have grand plans to stitch a bunch of bird themed ornaments and have a tree specifically for that.

Margaret said...

Love all the Christmas goodness! We have yet to pick up our tree. Sigh.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I still prefer the red poinsettias - they are very much a symbol of Christmas in the shops. I like the pink ones for January but I'm not so fond of the cream.

Julianne said...

Beth,

It's too bad that some of your photos here are not the "scratch and sniff" type. I can almost smell the lovely scent of the trees and wreaths.

Cathy said...

This reminds me of our local nursery chain in the Atlanta area - Pike Nurseries. We just went there last night to get our wreath. We walked through the tree department and wow, did it smell good in there! Love the photos you took.
Cathy

Nicola said...

I love the idea of a rosemary tree, the smell will be delicious.

Pam in IL said...

Wow, what fun to go along with you to the nursery. I bet the smell of the Christmas trees was awesome.

I've always liked poinsettias in red, pink and cream colors as well as variegated, but my very favorite is pink.

Barb said...

Such a beautiful garden center. Can you believe I actually mailed two boxes of the huge pine cones they have in Alabama back home. My DH says I have pine cones from all over the US. Oh well, they are a weakness of mine!