Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Farmer Brown & The Last Garden Party of 2012

Farmer Brown is ready to harvest his crops!

Design - "Farmer Brown"
Designer - Schoolroom Samplings
Fabric - 28 count linen
Fibers - Needle Necessities, GAST, and DMC - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 6September 2012
Completed - 19 September 2012  

This is the last Garden Party over at An Oregon Cottage for this year (darn it!)
But all good things come to a close.  Certainly summer has ended here and autumn has begun.  So let's celebrate the change in seasons, shall we?
I celebrated by buying some bulbs!
The back row: Iris reticulata, Narcissus 'Jack Snipe', Narcissus "Altruist', Narcissus Tete-a-tete, Tulip "Clusiana'.  The front row: A blend of spring bulbs, Crocus 'Blue Pearl', Fritillaria meleagris, Allium "Graceful'.
I think that I'll plant the Fritillaria and Alliums in a flowerbed, and the rest I'll pot up in containers to enjoy on the Front Porch come spring.   

I also bought several violas and pansies. 

I was industrious and got them all planted. 

I love the copper-red blossoms with the bronze pots.

So cheerful!

Blue - my favorite color.

My garden cart is very useful.  I made a trip around the house and distributed the plants as I went along.

The three bright blue pots are adding some color to my 'fern bench'.

The copper-red violas go nicely with my fuchsias.

I am all set to begin the long tedious laborious necessary process of "winterizing" the plants on the Front Porch and Back Patio.  The greenhouse is ready!  
I've so enjoyed participating in the weekly Garden Party this year.  I hope you've enjoyed my Tuesday Garden Party posts.    

11 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching ..so sweettt
Lovely flowers ..
Hugs for you xxx

Margaret said...

Your Farmer Brown finish is wonderful! That is such a cute piece! Love all the flowers too. Sad to see them go into winter hibernation.

Anonymous said...

I love your Farmer Brown. Wonderful bulbs and other things that you purchased. I am awaiting my tulip bulbs which should come in the next few weeks. No fall plantings yet, but the flowering ale is tempting. Have a great week.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Adorable finish, Beth and I love all those pansies!

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Your Garden Party posts have been a lot of fun to read and look forward to October's Pumpkins and Owls no doubt you will enable me into buying a few charts for myself as I am definately in the mood for some Autumn stitching - hope you find a helper to help with moving your plants into its shelter for the winter as it looks like you have a fair few pots to move! I'm expecting to have your BOAF chart finished and on it's way back to you in the next couple of days - I am having so much fun stitching this up - I can't thankyou enough for the loan - Amanda

Grit said...

Your stitching is so beautiful.
I love your flowers. We say in Germany Stiefmütterchen to pansies. Blue is my favorit too.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The violas and pansies add a lovely splash of colour indeed.

AprilBlue said...

Your stitching is so beautiful.
I like your blog so much.

Carol said...

Such an adorable finish, Beth--glad Farmer Brown got finished in time for the harvest season :)

Oh, I love pansies--haven't seen those pretty coppery red ones before. I"ll have to look for them around here. Looks like you have lots of bulb-planting in your future!

Tea said...

My pansies never do well in window box. I see you have your pansies in different pots. I'm going to try again because pansies are so beautiful.

Melanie said...

Adorable little finish!!
I'm so jealous that you still get to enjoy violas this time of year. :(