Monday, July 30, 2012

Ringing In The Last Days of July

Design - "Let Freedom Ring"
Designer - Lizzie Kate
Fabric - 32 count Summer Khaki linen
Fibers - WDW - 2 strands over 2 threads
Started - 25 July 2012
Completed - 27 July 2012

I like the simplicity of this design.
I may still have a few more patriotic stitches up my sleeve!


While the Flickers have been omnipresent, once the Sapsuckers fledged at the beginning of July they have disappeared. I'd not seen or heard a Downy or Hairy Woodpecker for a couple of months either.  Just when I complained about my dearth of woodpeckers, there, high in a tree was a little Downy Woodpecker rata-tat-tatting away! 

There's been no let up with the Hummingbirds.

They approve of many of my plant choices!

And while the Goldfinches love my Nyjer thistle, they are also beginning to consume the seeds of the Canadian Thistles.   

I like the yellow / purple combination.

Speaking of small yellow birds, I had a female Wilson's Warbler stop by Sunday morning.  

As July turns into August, Atticus Quail continues to watch over his covey.
Summer is moving along at the speed of light!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Nice finish! Love the bird pics as always. i can't believe July is almost over!!!

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Love that LK finish! I agree, I can't believe we are looking at August's arrival in a couple days. Just where did this summer go?!

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a lovely photo of the hummingbird at the fuchsia - it's such a lovely image.

Patty C. said...

Let freedom ring looks great ;)
The hummingbird is sooo pretty...