Saturday, December 3, 2011

First Stitch of December

I'm in the mood for reindeer!
For my first December Christmas stitch I've chosen "Cranberry Deer Pinkeep" by Beehive Needleworks.

The Christmas lights are up on the house now.

And we've put up a couple of 'gel' scenes on the front and back door.

There's lots more to decorate inside yet.  I need to find my motivation.  Has anyone seen it? 

Our ten day forecast is for cold foggy mornings, clear sunny afternoons, and lovely sunsets! 

It's supposed to be quite cold tonight.  I need to bring some my my 'tender' plants into the garage for some extra protection.

6 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The Christmas lights look good and the gel decor made me smile.

butterfly said...

Nice new stitching. Love the lights.

Mouse said...

oooo love those lights ... I think your motivation is with mine *sigh don't even think the tree is going up this year ... just a wee bit of greenery and some lights ... love your new start :) love mouse xxxx

Penny said...

Such a pretty choice for your first Christmas stitch!
Lovely decorating and beautiful pictures too. My motivation doesn't usually arrive until about a week before Christmas. :)

Siobhán said...

Nice decorating! I love your blog header, too. I need to get more motivated as well--I like to think that I'm in the spirit of stitching for the holidays & decorating for the holidays, but like Penny said--that doesn't arrive until about a week before Christmas!

Carol said...

Looks like it's going to be a holly, jolly Christmas at your home, Beth :)

Love your newest project!