Friday, September 2, 2011

September - Zinnias and Dahlias

I've begun to stitch Chessie and Me's "Quaker Bee Sampler".  Much like "Free Bird", this stitch uses only three colors.  This time, though I think I'm up to the task of keeping them straight! 

I hadn't been down to see my sister's garden in a couple of weeks... 

September is the month in which the Dahlias shine!

My sister also started several kinds of annuals from seed including Marigolds and Zinnias.

The pollinators love her Dahlias.

I like the sturdy Zinnias.

The great thing about a the garden is that there is usually something for everyone to enjoy / admire / lust after!

5 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What stunning flowers, I love the colours.

Mouse said...

love that dahlia :) in fact love them all :) not seen the chart you are doing soooo looking forward to the progress shots :) love mouse xxxx

Nancy said...

Looking forward to your progress pics! Flowers are so pretty!

Siobhán said...

Nice new start! Your sister's garden is gorgeous--love the zinnias!

carol fun said...

Zinnias and dahlias are some of my favorites! So bright and happy! The sampler is off to a great start.