Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Saturday's Adventures


See - I did begin to stitch over one on dark linen...
"Fair Daffodil" is now officially "A Start"!  

For the Tuesday Garden Party, I thought I'd recap my Saturday Adventures. 
What a busy Saturday!  My Mom and I took in two plant sales and the Farmers' Market...

First off The Avid Gardeners' Plant Sale at Alton Baker Park... 

How fun to have the opportunity to shop wholesale nursery Log House Plants.  I loaded up on coleus, fuchsias, and begonias.

Lots of vendors including Dancing Lizard which had wonderful sedums - 2 for $5 - I went sorta' crazy...

Four full flats later, it was off to the Farmers' Market...

Wonderful breads and pastries - I had a Pasty from Cousin Jacks for breakfast.

Lots of plants for sale too - I bought a lovely fuchsia basket at the Market.

New radishes....

And what a great display of carrots, beets, and young onions...

Funniest entertainment yet - she was playing "I've Got a Brand New Pair of Roller skates" on her clanky "baby piano" - she had the perfect voice for the song too!

6 comments:

Ann at Beadlework. said...

The layered display of vegetables looks a treat.

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

What a great series of pictures--it sounds like you had a really fun day! And that display of carrots and beets is really amazing to look at, isn't it?

Barb said...

Popped in from Tues Garden Party....loved seeing your market. That display of carrots is awesome!

Enjoyed reading your blog today.

Candi said...

WOW! I'd love to go to a farmer's market like that!

Jami @ An Oregon Cottage said...

Oh that last picture cracked me up- to very "Eugeneian" isn't it? :-)

Jami
An Oregon Cottage

Wonky Witch Needlecraft said...

Those carrots, beets and onions are a lovely combination of colours.