Friday, February 18, 2011

Here I Go Again!

I love, love, love the color pallet for this Brightneedle stitch.
It calls for Anchor floss on 30 count cream linen - I'm going to be stitching the larger of the samplers over two (not one)!

My photo theme for the next couple of days is "Birds Big and Small".

This Anna's hummingbird is over-wintering here even though the night-time temperatures get into the low 20's(F).  Anna's are clever and switch from being nectar eaters in the spring/summer/fall to insectavors in the winter.  I leave up a couple of sugar-water feeders so they do get some "juice" too. 

Scratching an itch...

With a flash of ruby, preparing to fly off...

1 comment:

carol fun said...

That alphabet sampler is so pretty - who could resist such yummy colors. Makes me dream of spring - happy stitching!