Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snowman and Snowbirds


I'm almost done with Val's "More Snow", so I've kitted up Bent Creek's "January Snows". My snowman stitching continues apace!  I even worked abit on BOAF's "Alphabet Sampler".  I must confess I've yet to start Knotted Tree's
"Winter Walk"...gotta get on that soon!

Yesterday lots of critters were out and about to greet me on a cold, frosty morning. 

This bunny demanded to be fed!

These two finches posed on a blackberry cane.
I think they would make a charming photograph for a Christmas card.

There are rewards for a having "messy", brushy area.  The small birds like the this junco use the blackberry canes as shelter and a perch. 
You can see other interpretations of Outdoor Wednesday at a Southern Daydreamer.  


9 comments:

Babs said...

Maybe they loved to be stitched? :p

I like the choice for the new project. Are you going to stitch all 12 of them?

Donnie said...

Great photos. Looks like a fun project you're starting.

Gabi said...

Beautiful new project. And as always I LOVE your pictures. Especially the finches

Martha Z said...

It amazes me that these little creatures survive in the cold.

Julianne said...

Beautiful phootos. I always look forward to vistitng your blog. It' is like taking a nature walk.

Linda said...

Great photos and your project is perfect...very cute!

Snöskottning said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
fax online said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elastomer Keypad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.