Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Merry Winter and More Topiary

I've decided, in keeping with the season, that my next stitch will be by Homespun Elegance from the Quaker Year series - "Merry Winter".  Pretty simple: amber linen and a couple of Belle Soie colors.  I'm hoping it will help to get me in a festive mood.


For my Outdoor Wednesday post, I have more topiary and holiday decorating ideas to share from my recent visit to a local nursery.

I found these star topiary to be particularly charming!

The colors and forms of the decorative kale brighten the day.

Garland and miniature conifers...

Why not decorate your conifer?

I thought this was a striking combination.

Okay - here's another use for sempervivums - what a great wreath! 
Hope you are able to get outdoors this Wednesday. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never seen star topiaries - very cool. Hope you enjoy your stitching and it puts you in the mood.

Donnie said...

I love all the garden decorations. They are all so different. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

carol fun said...

Those topiaries are wonderful! I love walking around garden centers and see the creative displays they create. Love that little "merry winter" piece - hope you have fun stitching it.

Cindy said...

That Merry Winter piece will be very sweet, and the topiaries are nice, especially the one with the Christmas ball decor wrapped around it.
Hugs, Cindy

Lois said...

I love this one, stitched it last year and it was such a nice one to work on. Enjoy!

Carol said...

Lots of great ideas. I love the sempervivums wreath