Friday, August 27, 2010

Bright Summer

Design - "Bright Summer" (A Quaker Year)
Designer - Homespun Elegance
Fabric - 28 count Amber linen
Fiber - Belle Soie Silks
Started - 25 August 2010
Completed - 26 August 2010

Love it!  Love it!  Love it!  Several "firsts" with this project.
I've never stitched anything with Quaker motifs before.  I've been looking at Quaker-style charts for about a year now, have bought a few, but this is my first Quaker stitch.  Also, I believe this is the first time I've used Belle Soie silks - Chester's Blue and Espresso were used in the above design. Loved working with the silks - they are expensive in comparison to cotton floss, but the feel and texture are superior to cotton.

Oh but we enjoyed the morning sunshine!
Parvati was in heaven...
...and smiling too!


This Anna's hummingbird did not move as I approached the feeder.

All the nectar-lovers were out and about.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Your finishis lovely. I also love the Belle Soie silks. Kitty couldn't be cuter.