Friday, July 2, 2010

I Won!

This morning is cool (almost cold) and grey - it does not seem much like July. Last evening, and during the night, we had a few light rain showers.  The grass is still damp, so the cats are not interested in prowling outside.  They are content to stay inside and observe the out-of-doors from windows sills.  

I mentioned in an earlier post that I'd won a grab-bag from JJ's Collectibles.
Yesterday I opened the mail and played with my "treasures".  I got two nice sized cuts of fabric - 28 count Dirty Cashel and 32 count Belfast natural raw linen - there will be no problem finding ways to use the fabric.
I also received a nice selection of charts, some variegated DMC floss, buttons, and always-useful needles!   

Looking at new fabric and floss makes me appreciate anew texture as an element of design.  In my gardening endeavours I go back and forth between color and bloom - salvias and fuchsias for example; and form and texture - with sedums, hebes, and sempervivums.

On an overcast day, the blue-grey sedum glows.

I think I could be happy spending an afternoon just looking at my plants!

1 comment:

Lainey said...

What a wonderful grab bag, looks like many lovely goodies to play with.