Saturday, July 31, 2010

Peacock Progress


It's time, finally, for an update picture.  I've continued to work on Ewe & Eye & Friend's "Peacock Sampler".  I've finished stitching all the birds, except, ironically, the peacock - just have his head done and his tail started...

On the gardening front, I usually have the two large planters on the front stepped themed out for the 4th of July - red, white, and blue.  I often have "timing" problems in that things aren't yet in bloom when the holiday rolls around.  So really, they are more 4th of August plantings.

This year I used Salvia "Black and Blue", white lobelia which contained alot of blue in the mix.  And for red, I began with nasturtiums.  The deer annihilated the nasturtiums, so I replanted with red calibrachoa....they got a late start and are kind of battling for space.

1 comment:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Love the peacock sampler and your garden plants are just goregeous!