Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ladybug Progress

Last night I went to an outdoor concert with my family.  We attended a free Eugene Symphony concert at the Cuthbert Amphitheatre.  What a great way to spend the evening.  The weather was perfect.  We got there early and had a picnic dinner - bagel sandwich and pasta salad.
I brought my cross stitch and was able to work on my ladybug while enjoying the music.  The evening ended with Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture" complete with cannon blasts!

One of the interesting topics I read on another stitching blog (can't remember which one) was what you might be willing to pay to purchase an out-of-print chart from a favorite designer. I think my own stitch breaking-point is $20-$25, and it would have to be an ultra-special chart!  More typically I spend $12-$16 for an out-of-print chart.  Lately I have been amazed...and appalled...at the going price for "Alpha Bird" by Sheepish Designs.

Yes, I'd love, love, love to have the chart.  Am I going to pay the going rate....which seems to be $98.00 on EBay?  No so much!

No comments: