Saturday, June 5, 2010

What To Do, What To Do, What To Do?

I had a terrible time coming up with my next stitch.  I pawed through my stash most of the morning, tossing out charts and kits to the left, and to the right.  I finally decided to stitch "The Heart House" by Ewe and Eye and Friends.  This is probably more appropriate for a February stitch, but today the sun is shining, and I thought the colors and fiber to be cheery and spring-like. So be it - this what I'm going to do.

A small local Community Growers' Market opened this morning at our local Grange.  My sister and I took a walk to check it out.

 
A wild turkey (a young hen) was enjoying the morning sunshine as we started out on our walk.

This brown brush bunny greeted us at our gate.

In the shade of the creek there were wild forget-me-nots

and wild cranesbill,

and our native columbine.


Spencer Creek Grange was bustling! 
Three or four vendors, and a weaver, and food and drinks too.

We enjoyed listening to the music provided by the Oregon Old Time Fiddlers - District 6.

No comments: