Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"The Rain is Raining All Around..."

Rain

The rain is raining all around,
It falls on field and tree,
It rains on the umbrellas here,
And on the ships at sea.
A Child's Garden of Verses
Robert Lewis Stevenson

My mother taught me (I memorized it) the above poem when I was five or six years old.  I think it was to be the start of a great literary experiment, but other than "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere", it's the only poem that is in my brain's hard-drive. 


I've made a little stitchy progress on "Rendered By".  It is a bit too primitive for my tastes, so I've tidied up the border and am doing the same with the alphabet too.


As noted above with the poem "Rain", our latest storm has moved in and we've received 0.9" of rain thus far.  The temperature is quite mild, but it is a blustery and unpleasant day.  I went shopping with my Mom and made the following "pick-me-up" purchases.  



A very cute beehive shaped watering can.



Two small Smith and Hawken Strawberry jars.  I'll probably pot them up with herbs and sedums.

No comments: